Is your community facing an affordable housing crunch? Do you have some good policies in place but aren't sure how to move forward?
The Whistler Centre for Sustainability has partnered with BC Housing to host workshops in three BC communities: Castlegar, Cranbrook and Courtenay, to discuss the most effective strategies to address the affordable housing challenge in small communities.
Registration is $30, or $20 for non-profits:
• November 1st: Castlegar – Castlegar and District Community Complex
• November 3rd: Cranbrook – Cranbrook History Centre
• December 8th: Courtenay – Best Western Westerly Hotel
• To develop a common understanding among BC small communities of the main challenges as well as leading practices in building affordable housing.
• To provide a forum for learning about leading practices, tools and strategies for building affordable housing.
• To provide a facilitated forum for discussion among stakeholders to share knowledge and exchange ideas.
• To support the development of an immediate-term implementation plan for building affordable housing in the community.
To find out more and register click here.