Date(s) - November 6, 2015 - November 8, 2015
8:30 am - 10:30 am
Host: Congress for New Urbanism- Cascadia
Location: Vancouver Walking Tour + Granville Island’s TheatreSports 1502 Duranleau Street
Contact: Gloria Venczel, Vancouver Summit 2015 Co-Chair, 778-928-3727 I firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Students, NGOs, UDI-U40 $75; regular rate $190.
Sharpen the pencils and let’s get down to the business . . . of building more walkable, healthy, vibrant, economically thriving green neighbourhoods in the Pacific Northwest. CNU-C, as an advocate for pedestrian-oriented, sustainable urban design, is “growing the tent” to include those with “skin in the game”. The Vancouver Summit 2015 has two major goals. The first focus is to encourage the implementation of walkable neighbourhood design through informal business networking by a broad range of actors and decision makers interested in green city building.
The second goal is to start building relationships with First Nations, as this community takes on larger roles in a variety of developments in BC and elsewhere, and to find opportunities for collaborative learning.
Robert Fung, President, The Salient Development Group
Urban Design Panel: “Urban Design and The Economies of Cities “
- Scot Hein, Campus Urban Designer, UBC, former Urban Designer/Development Planner for the Olympic Village, CoV
- Joyce Drohan, Director of Urban Design, Perkins + Will
- Lyle Bicknell, Principal Urban Designer, City of Seattle
- Alan Hart, Founding Principal, VIA Architecture, Seattle
- Trevor Boddy, Urban Designer, Architectural Critic
First Nations Panel: “Aboriginal Values and Economic Prosperity”
- Patrick Stewart, first Aboriginal architect with his own firm in BC
- Ouri Scott, Intern Architect, Dialog
- Pam Shaw,PhD MCIP,RPP, FRCGS, Director, Master of Community Planning Program, Vancouver Island University + Research Director of the Mount Arrowsmith Biosphere
- Alanna Mitchell, Community Planner, K’omokos First Nation
- David Seymour, a Director on the Aboriginal Housing Management Association of BC
Vancouver Walking Tours + More
- Walter Francl, Architect
- Chris Baber, P.Eng. City of Vancouver
- Henriquez’s Architects
- Joe Wai, Architect
- Scot Hein, Architect/ Campus Urban Designer. UBC
- Lino Sircuasa, Economic Development Manager , City of Maple Ridge
Who Should Attend
Developers, builders, elected officials, mayors, realtors, BIAs, community economic development consultants, urban designers, municipal planners, engineers, health officials, students, transportation planners, mortgage brokers, First Nations, planning commissioners, small business owners, citizen advocates, architects, landscape architects, and others.