Date(s) - October 29, 2018
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Join BC Alliance for Healthy Living (BCAHL) on Monday, October 29th from 9:00 am-10:30 am for an engaging webinar that will take us behind the scenes of five successful and diverse Active Communities projects from across the province.
You will hear about:
- the innovative Indigenous Circle of Health initiative that combines physical activity, culture and community
- the two-and-a-half year journey to build a thriving all ages and skill levels bike park on Bowen Island, and
- how the Kwadacha Nation is supporting young women to be active in roller derby, learn important social skills and reclaim their feminine power
Five presenters will also share their ideas, suggestions and examples of sustainability strategies with a focus on either multi-sectoral collaboration—how to make it work, key success factors and overcoming challenges, particularly in rural and small communities, and working effectively with local government.
The presenters for this webinar are:
- Karen Moraes, Indigenous Circle of Health
- Shauna Jennings, Bowen Island Bike Park
- Mariah Robinson, Mid Island Aboriginal Recreation & Culture (ARC) Initiative
- Johanne Allard, Aq’am Community Recreation Program
- Rebecca Tallman, Kwadacha Roller Derby
Join BCAHL as these presenters share key lessons, success factors and their experience as part of the local movement to promote physical activity.