Date(s) - July 14, 2017 - July 16, 2017
12:00 am - 11:45 pm
Come join movers and shakers, pollinators and connectors, convenors and change makers, thought leaders and folks who are new to food systems change for this year’s 19th Annual BCFSN Annual Gathering, which will take place from July 14-16 on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Musqueam people.
This year’s Gathering is made possible through a partnership with the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm and the Faculty of Land and Food Systems – don’t miss out on this opportunity to enjoy the beautiful and unique learning environment of the UBC Farm!
Our theme this year is Cultivating Change: Building Our Food Movement. The plenaries and sessions will focus on the various ways we are working to advance change in our food systems and where we can better work together. Participants will explore opportunities to strengthen connections and alignment of people working on food system issues across the land and waters. This Gathering presents a unique moment to take action across different levels of expertise and worldviews to collectively work towards food systems change at community and provincial levels.
Sessions and workshops will include:
• Campus-community engagement for food systems change in BC
• Confronting race and difference
• Energy, climate justice and Indigenous food systems
• Engaging in the development the national food policy
• Food Policy Councils working with local government
• Increasing food access and food literacy in BC
• Mobilizing support of Indigenous food sovereignty through the Wild Salmon Caravan
• Open space sessions
• Sustain BC Collective Impact Initiative
• Tours of UBC food systems initiatives
• Youth leadership for food justice
• And more!
Please register through Eventbrite. Space is limited so sign up as soon as possible – we look forward to seeing you!
This year free tenting is available on site at UBC Farm (please indicate interest as you register) and other accommodations in the area can be arranged by attendees. There are a few additoinal accommodation options on the BCFSN website. Please note this is a busy time of year in Vancouver so book early.
Interested in carpooling? If you want to make arrangements with other attendees about the possibility of carpooling through the BCFSN Gathering Facebook event page (click on the Facebook icon at the end of this message and select Events).